Last Updated: March 28, 2018
Welcome to Hungabee!
Hungabee Marketplace Inc. (hereinafter, “Hungabee,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates the www.hungabee.ca website, including any subdomains thereof, and any other websites through which Hungabee makes the Hungabee Services available (collectively, “Site”), and all associated services (collectively, “Hungabee Services”). The Site and Hungabee Services together are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Hungabee Marketplace Platform” or the “Platform.”
- Collection of Personal Information
- Hungabee collects your Personal Information to provide you with the best service possible. “Personal Information” may include your name, age, home address, phone number, email address. We may collect your Personal Information from any data you input through your use of the Platform, or any information you send us via correspondence such as telephone, email, mail, chat or fax.
- We collect Personal Information in order to:
- verify identity;
- enable your use of the Platform;
- identify your preferences and show you content that is more relevant to you;
- open and manage an account;
- ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- meet regulatory requirements; and
- any other legal reasons as applied to your use of the Platform.
- Use, Disclosure and Consent
- Except as specified below, we will obtain your express or implied consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. You can provide consent orally, in writing, electronically or through an authorized representative.
- You provide us with implied consent where our purpose for collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information would be considered obvious or reasonable in the circumstances, for example to complete a transaction or verify your credit card. Your consent may also be implied where you have received notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Information used, and you have not provided us with notice of your opting-out. To opt-out of any use of your Personal Information, contact us at email@example.com.
- We may collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- when permitted or required by law;
- in an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- when the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- when we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- for the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud; or
- other legally established reasons.
- We will not sell your Personal Information to other parties without your explicit or implied consent. We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
- We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods, in our discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
- The Platform is hosted by SG Hosting Inc. Your data is stored through SG Hosting Inc.’s data storage databases and the WooCommerce application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We make no guarantee as to the absolute security of your Personal Information.
- Service Providers
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform Platform-related services on our behalf, to process payment transactions, or to assist us in analyzing our Platform’s use. Such third party companies may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Certain third party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- Links to other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your minor child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Contact Us